Global integrated risk assessment firm
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moody’s, we’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
The Data Solutions division is the commercial data business of Moody’s Analytics, bringing together a vast catalogue of data to help business decision-makers assess risks and opportunities. We are best known for Orbis, the world’s most comprehensive database of public and private companies.
Learn more about Moody’s HERE
The Associate Director QA Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and implement modules for a robust test automation framework.
- Initiate test automation improvements.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Investigate open source and commercial automation testing tools.
- Perform code reviews for automation tests and frameworks.
- Train others in order to improve the automated testing skills of the whole QA team.
- Provide technical vision for highly complex ideas and issues to varied audiences including various management levels.
- Initiate and lead strategic quality initiatives for the department(e.g. test data management, environment virtualization, security testing, developer and unit test assistance).
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree).
- 7+ years of QA experience.
- Solid experience in QA activities throughout all stages of the SDLC.
- Solid experience with a wide range of QA methodologies
- Excellent understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Skills at building frameworks to be used by others
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze complex business/technical requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Interest in thinking creatively to develop and implement complex test strategies: i.e., service level, component, functional, regression, automation, performance, mobile, and end-to-end, etc.
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause, provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Solid grasp of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Deep experience planning artefacts that support the implementation of shift-left testing and white box/grey box testing objectives
- Experience analyzing application architecture seeking to identify additional testing entry points to reduce project risk
- Excellent database skills
- Excellent C# skills
- Experience designing and implementing modules for scalable, configurable and robust test automation or performance testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of financial concepts
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards
- Proficient in multiple programming languages, QA testing tools and environments.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies. Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.